Royal Russia marked yet another milestone this week, as it celebrated its 24th anniversary on 28th September.
– in 2017, the main Royal Russia web site received more than 5.6 million hits!
– the Royal Russia News blog is updated almost daily with news, translated from Russian media sources
– the Royal Russia Archive holds more than 2,000 news stories
– the Royal Russia Facebook page currently has more than 162,000 followers from all over the world
– the Royal Russia Bookshop offers a selection of books (new, reprints and translations), plus current and back list issues of two bi-annual journals: Royal Russia and Sovereign
– In the past 24 years, Royal Russia has published more than 40 books, 14 issues of our official magazine ‘Royal Russia’ and 7 issues of ‘Sovereign’ – with 2 new book titles planned before the end of this year
Despite my ‘semi-retirement’ in October 2016, this year has proven to be my busiest in many, many years.
By the end of the year, I will have published the No. 13 and No. 14 issues of Royal Russia; the No. 6, No. 7 (Special Issue), and No. 8 issues of Sovereign; and 2 new book titles, Nicholas II: Portraits and Monuments, and Russia. My Ekaterinburg.
I travelled to Ekaterinburg in July, to take part in the Tsar’s Days events marking the 100th anniversary of the death and martyrdom of Nicholas II and his family. This remarkable journey may very well be my last visit to Russia for some years.
I ran a full-page advert in the July 2018 issue of Majesty Magazine, one which has increased sales of Sovereign, my bi-annual journal dedicated to the life and reign of Nicholas II, the popularity of which has now surpassed that of Royal Russia (launched in 2011).
Finally, the organization of the International Nicholas II Conference on 27th October, in Colchester, England has consumed much of my time and resources this year. This historic event is the beginning of my personal campaign in clearing the name of Russia’s much slandered emperor and tsar Nicholas II.
Royal Russia remains the largest, most popular web site dedicated to the Romanov dynasty, their legacy, monarchy, and history of the history of Imperial and Holy Russia.
If you enjoy my FREE news updates, please help support my work in the coming year ahead when Royal Russia marks its 25th ANNIVERSARY. Click HERE to make a donation, or click HERE to shop my online bookshop. Every purchase helps Royal Russia.
THANK YOU / СПАСИБО to all of you who continue to follow and support my work. It is such an honour to share my passion for the Romanov dynasty, and the history of Imperial and Holy Russia with so many others on a daily basis – Paul Gilbert
© Royal Russia. 28 September 2018